Anjuri Nayar Singh (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 14, 2022)

Actor Arslan Goni’s comment on rumoured girlfriend, interior designer Sussanne Khan’s Insta post caught everyone’s attention. Khan had posted about testing positive for Coronavirus, to which Goni replied: “You will be fine soon.” And at the end of this comment, he added three hearts and a kiss emoji.

“What [else] do I tell someone who has come out positive? I will always wish them ‘God bless you, and that you will get well soon’,” says Goni, explaining the comment.

He goes on, “As far as going viral is concerned and what people are saying, I cannot read all those messages. I don’t do that. Everyone has the right to say what they want to. But I am supposed to say something sweet to someone who has just tested positive.”

With rumour mills rife about reports of the two being in a relationship, Goni says that he has always tried to avoid the frenzy around it. “I normally don’t like to talk about it... [It is just about] two people living a good happy life. That’s it,” says the actor, who was seen in the series Mai Hero Boll Raha Hu.

While he ignores social media when it comes to rumours, he also adds that getting work without the support of social media is a tough task today. Recalling an incident, he says, “No producer or director has ever said anything directly to me, but I heard from one of the managers that ‘You don’t post too much on social media’ and he advised me ‘You should post more, it will benefit you’.”

The actor goes on, “It is believed that if there were more people following you, anything that you do would have a broad reach. Of course you can’t deny that funda.”