Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 15, 2022)

Actor Delnaaz Irani plays Goli Bua on the TV show, Kabhi Kabhie Ittefaq Sey, a character who cares for her niece, but doesn’t have a child of her own. The 49-year-old says she can relate to the role, as she once wished to have a baby: “I wanted to become a mother. But it was not meant to be. Biologically, it’s too late [for me to be a mum now]. And Percy (Karkaria, her beau) and I aren’t up for adoption, so we aren’t even thinking on those lines at the moment.”

Ask her if she wants to take the surrogacy route and Irani says, “We are happy with each other right now. We have nephews and nieces and we give them lots of love.”

Meanwhile, Irani tested negative after a 10-day battle with Coronavirus recently. “When I tested positive, I had a lot of negativity on my mind. But with Percy’s pep talk and love, all the negativity turned into positivity,” says the actor, who is back on the set of her TV show: “The cast and crew constantly followed up on me.”