Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 31, 2022)

Abhimanyu Dassani, like other actors, had intended to have a substantial filmography by now, given that he made his debut in 2018. But, he presently has only two to his credit. Reason? The pandemic. “Haan yaar, hota hai. What can I or you do?” he laments, adding, “It’s very uncertain. There isn’t much that one can do to improve the situation.”

This year, on the brighter side, two of his films, Nikamma and Aankh Micholi, are expected to be released. Dassani shares, “Why focus on things that you can’t change? Jo hoga acche ke liye hoga.”

The 31-year-old goes on to share that he, in fact, did have a word with Nikamma’s producers, in which he stars with Shilpa Shetty Kundra and Shirley Setia, about the film’s fate. “They said they were figuring it out. I said, ‘Don’t worry, it’s your film. You decide and let me know. If you all want me to be part of the discussion, I will be there to give my two cents, whatever your options are’,” shares Dassani, whose most recent release was the OTT film Meenakshi Sundareshwar.

On the personal front, he is choosing to be at home and preparing for his projects. “The government has been juggling (reworking protocols), dates of films are being rescheduled time and again... So, you have to be patient about everything. I am sure all the producers will work things out. Since I didn’t have shoots in the near future, I’ve been training for the next thing I’m doing, researching about my character and attending readings over video calls,” he shares.

So, what kept him going? “For seven weeks, Meenakshi Sundareshwar was trending worldwide. It was overwhelming,” he signs off.