Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 31, 2022)

The past few years saw actor Kirti Kulhari in a bunch of web shows, including Four More Shots Please!, Bard Of Blood, Criminal Justice: Behind Closed Doors and the recently released, Human. But now, she wants to take a break from web series and focus on films.

She tells us, “Web series are exhaustive and really exhausting. Doing one web show is like doing three-four films. They take a lot out of me, as an actor.”

Kulhari adds that unless a show comes her way that helps her up her game, she wouldn’t want to invest her time in any: “I get totally sucked into my work. For me, going to the set is never a party, where I get to chill. Sometimes, it even takes six months to finish a series, and as a result, I’m unable to give time to other things. Pichle do-teen saal mein maine kaafi web series kar li hain.”

Her inclination towards films also stems from the fact that she wants to explore the format of two-hour-long storytelling. “I want to go back to the idea of what we can achieve in two hours. The web has its own pros, which I’ve enjoyed, but I enjoy telling a story in two hours. I want to finish off a project in 30-35 days and then move to the next one,” the 36-year-old shares.

Talking of her latest web show, Human, her on-screen kiss with actor Shefali Shah created a lot of buzz. Talking about how she is working towards normalizing the representation of homosexuality on screen, The Girl On The Train (2021) actor says, “I don’t know when this will become normal for us. I knew it would be spoken about, but that didn’t bother me for even a second. The fact that it’s become normal for me is something I’m happy about.”