Shamayita Chakraborty (BOMBAY TIMES; December 28, 2021)

Singer Rahul Vaidya and actress Disha Parmar were recently in Kolkata to attend a family wedding. The couple had a candid chat with us on their life and careers post marriage and more. Excerpts:

How is married life?
Disha: Sometimes, it doesn’t sink in that it has been five months already. Both of us have been very busy with work and we are travelling less. But overall, it is going great. Rahul is a doting husband. He understands my schedule and is accommodating. I couldn’t have asked for anyone better than him. I don’t want to talk too much about it. Touch wood! Nazar na lag jaye (laughs).
Rahul: Honestly, I don’t find any difference. This basically means that married life is beautiful. I feel lucky that Disha and I have the same set of basic values. Whatever changes are happening, I feel we are sailing through them smoothly. Before our marriage, I used to occupy three-fourth of the bed. Even after marriage, I am still occupying three-fourth of the bed (laughs). Nothing has changed for me I think.

Rahul, tell us about your experience in Bigg Boss 14...
It was very tough, I must say. It has almost been a year and when I look back, I see that the show has given a lot to me. I got a large number of fans. This show has made me a household name once again after Indian Idol.

What is your year-end plan?
Rahul: It’s a busy time for me. I’ll be performing more or less. I’ll probably perform in Goa on New Year’s Eve. So I’m looking forward to it.
Disha: I will be shooting and there’s a possibility that I’ll get an extra day off on New Year (laughs). That’s it. Yes, New Year’s Eve can be in Goa. But nothing is confirmed as yet.

Any New Year resolutions?
Rahul: To be fitter and to be able to make some great music and just be happy, I guess.
Disha: It has been a couple of years that I have stopped thinking about resolutions because they are eventually broken (laughs). I’ll try to eat healthy and be healthy.