Sahil Vaid admits there were no second thoughts after reading Shershaah’s script
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 26, 2021)

Having starred in films such as Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017) and Dil Bechara (2020), Sahil Vaid now feels “at home” in Bollywood, and add to that one controversy. The actor claims he was misquoted in a recent interview as saying that he “regrets” doing such a small role in his latest outing, Shershaah.

“Initially, I thought the role was very small. But, when I read the script and met the director (Vishnu Varadhan), I had no second thoughts. It was a no-brainer,” he tells us.

But, was he okay to take up a role with this kind of screen space, given the repertoire of films over the years? “That’s exactly why I used the word reluctant,” clarifies Vaid.

“When I learnt about the story, I had to be a part of this film. There are some characters you just have to do, as an actor. Sunny (his role, late Captain Vikram Batra’s best friend) was there at the shoot in Palampur (Himachal Pradesh), he said I’ve done complete justice,” adds the 34-year-old, who believes ego should be kept aside for such important parts.

His journey so far, Vaid feels, has been pretty smooth. “I believe it’s necessary for actors to keep doing what they are doing. A lot of times, big names have stopped working and say, ‘Ab chhote roles nahi karne, want to do big roles’. They keep telling me that was kind of their end in the industry,” signs off Vaid, who will next be seen in Satyameva Jayate 2, starring John Abraham.