BOMBAY TIMES (July 5, 2021)

Alia Bhatt started shooting for her forthcoming film Darlings on Saturday. The actress took to social media and to share her excitement about beginning the project, which is also her first production. She wrote, “My first film as a producer but I will always be an actor first and forever (in this case a very nervous actor) I don’t know what it is... a night before I start a new film, I get this nervous tingling energy all over my body. I dream all night about messing up my lines. Become jumpy… reach set 15 mins before time fearing I’ll be late!”

She added, “I guess this feeling will never go away... and it shouldn’t — because being nervous... and feeling unsure means you really really care (sic).”

While many colleagues and friends wished her luck for her new venture, Shah Rukh Khan, who is co-producing the film but isn’t a part of the cast, had a special request for his Dear Zindagi co-star. “After this production please sign me up for your next home production little one,” he said.

Assuring her that he will be a great hire, he further wrote, “I will come in time for the shoot and be very professional… promise!”