Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; July 13, 2021)

Rannvijay Singha and wife Prianka are expecting their second child soon. The couple has been living in London since last year and while the two are eager to welcome the newborn, it is their elder daughter Kainaat, who is most excited about her sibling’s arrival. “Kainaat is super excited and says all sorts of sweet things that surprise us. Once she said, ‘I will make a tent in my room for the baby and take care of the baby. You guys can go out for dinners and work.’ We told her you are just four! To which she said, ‘I am four and a half.’ It is so heart-warming to hear her. We tell her that we are getting the baby for her, so she feels that she has to take care of her sibling,” says the actor, who is also known for TV shows like Roadies and Splitsvilla.

Talking about becoming a father again, Rannvijay says, “Some people say that becoming father again means the excitement level would be less, but that’s not true. I am equally excited to be a father now, as I was when we had our first child. And with my daughter being four now, as parents we realised that she needs a sibling.”

Given the pandemic situation, Rannvijay and Prianka are extra careful. “It’s a tricky time and we need to really take care of ourselves. I am concerned about my family and their health. It’s a mixed feeling for us — we are waiting to welcome our new baby, but are also worried about our children given the uncertain times we live in,” he signs off.