Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 29, 2021)

As restrictions ease across the country after the second Covid-19 wave, actors have begun stepping out to work. Joining the list is Shweta Tripathi Sharma, who is all set to reunite with the cast of the series The Gone Game for its second season.

Unlike the first season, the actors and the team will be shooting the episodes in person, instead of remotely. And for that, Sharma will be in a bio bubble at a hotel in Mumbai for an entire month to shoot, along with the rest of the crew.

Bio bubbles are an invisible shield that have mostly been used to host sporting events during the ongoing pandemic. They can be created in parts of hotels or stadiums, where only a certain set of people who have tested negative for the virus are allowed to enter.

“This is certainly going to be an experience unlike any other,” Sharma tells us, adding, “I never imagined that I’d be living in a bio bubble at a certain point in my life! But, safety is of utmost importance. While I’m very excited to reunite with The Gone Game team in person for its second season, I’m also glad all safety measures are taken into consideration.”

Being in a bio bubble, the 35-year-old adds, will also help her prep for her character, because the show is about a family whose life has changed completely because of Coronavirus.

“Staying like this in a bio bubble is extremely eerie. When I came here, I couldn’t see humans or vehicles, so I planned to use that for my prep and feel of the character. What is also interesting about The Gone Game is that it is so relevant. There are other shows of mine, whose plot is not affected by Covid, whether it is Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein or Mirzapur,” she explains.