Picture Courtesy: Official Instagram Account/Harshvardhan Rane
The actor talks about his recent battle with COVID-19
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; October 25, 2020)

Actor Harshvardhan Rane missed out on the promotions of his upcoming film Taish, which has been directed by Bejoy Nambiar. It turns out, he was hospitalised and in a serious condition after testing positive for Coronavirus. The actor says, “I was on oxygen support in the ICU for four days. I feel bad that I couldn’t promote the film at all. In fact, I still feel weak. It started with a severe headache and a slight fever. When the headache didn’t subside even after four days, I went to a hospital, where they dismissed it as viral fever. However, they did a COVID-19 test, which turned out to be positive. When I didn’t get any relief from fever and headache even after two days, I went to the hospital once again, and they admitted me to the ICU immediately. It was only after eight days that my fever subsided aur headache kam hua.”

Harshvardhan says that his film’s team was extremely worried about him. He shares, “Bejoy would check on me two-three times a day. It’s a strange coincidence that I had locked myself up for a week to prepare for my character in Taish. And, when the trailer was launched, I was again in isolation, but for a different reason. I would continuously watch the teaser of the film and even messaged Bejoy, saying, ‘Dawai kaam nahi kar rahi hai, but aapka teaser is making me feel better’.”