Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 17, 2019)

It has been a chock-a-block year for actor Pankaj Tripathi with multiple releases and shoots such as ’83 alongside Ranveer Singh, Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, Panga, Dhaka and the second season of Sacred Games for an OTT giant. Next up, he will kick off Mimi along with Kriti Sanon. The team was already in the midst of workshops over the last few weeks, after which the shoot kicked off in Rajasthan last week. But, before work sucks him in, Pankaj decided to unwind by spending some quality time in his family home in Bihar.

Born in a farmer’s house, the Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017) actor prefers detaching from the hustle and bustle of the fast-paced life in the city and retreating to Belsand, a village in Gopalganj district of Bihar.

Pankaj says, “When I’m home, I do not think or talk about work. I spend a few days with my parents every now and then, without any distractions, to feel peaceful. I meet the people of the village and hear about their problems and lives. Whenever my batteries get drained due to work pressure, I go back to my village. It is like getting a recharge. I like to cut off from the busyness of everyday life, stay away from my phone and calls to reconnect with my inner self and what triggered me to become an artiste.”