Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 9, 2019)

“I haven’t been part of a TV show for over two years, so I guess my transition to films has been smooth. I am enjoying the web space as well the film roles coming my way,” says Shruti Bafna, who has been a part of over six films including Wake Up Sid (2009), Rowdy Rathore (2012), The Lunchbox (2013) and two web shows — The Verdict: State v/s Nanavati and Medically Yours.

“The length of a role is not necessarily my criteria for signing a project, but instead I take into consideration how interesting the film and my role would be for the audiences. I want to do progressive roles. Even if I have one scene in a film, if it is a power-packed one, then I take it up. For example, who would say no to acting with Irrfan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in The Lunchbox? My endeavour is to do roles that I haven’t done before and also to work with different directors.”

Before films, Shruti did some strong roles in TV shows such as Saas Bina Sasural and Jasuben Jayantilaal Joshi Ki Joint Family, among others. Now, Shruti will soon be seen in the Rani Mukerji-starrer Mardaani 2. Talking about her role and experience of working with Rani, she says, “Mardaani is based on a feisty cop and I am part of the core team of the character Rani essays. I play a cop from Rajasthan and I have tried to keep it authentic. Working with Rani has been amazing. I was always her fan and after working with her, I am impressed. She is extremely professional yet so warm and so supportive of her co-stars.”