Aisha Sharma: John Abraham didn't make me feel like a newcomer
Ahead of release of her debut film, Aisha Sharma heaps praise on Satyameva Jayate co-star John Abraham
Shaheen Parkar (MID-DAY; August 4, 2018)

Set to make her Bollywood debut in Milap Zaveri's Independence Day release, Satyameva Jayate, Aisha Sharma says co-star John Abraham was a delight to collaborate with. "He is the easiest actor to work with, and did not, for once, [disregard] me because I was a newcomer," says Abraham's on-screen love interest, who plays a vet, also a social crusader.

The former calendar girl has featured alongside industry bigwigs like Varun Dhawan, who she paired with in a footwear ad, and in the music video Ik Vaari in 2016 with Ayushmann Khurrana.

Sister of Tum Bin 2 (2016) actor Neha Sharma, she bagged the role following a round of auditions. "I was called by casting director Jogi ji [Jogi Mallang] to audition for the film. He has always been supportive. When I wouldn't bag any role in the past, he would urge me to keep trying. Luckily, producer Nikkhil Advani and Milap Zaveri liked my audition tape, and I was eventually cast in it."

A series of acting workshops ensued. "I had to work on my scenes and voice modulation, apart from other aspects," she says.