Shah Rukh Khan and (inset) Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Nayandeep Rakshit (DNA; August 31, 2017)

Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Leela Bhansali are coming together once again after Devdas that released 15 years ago. It’s no mystery that SLB and SRK are in talks for a film and it might work out soon. Shah Rukh is currently shooting for Aanand L Rai’s film about a dwarf, which releases next year on Christmas. But SRK says he might greenlight another project soon. Here’s SRK talking about his probable future projects...

Have you signed anything post Aanand’s film?
I am now shooting for Aanand’s film. It will take me around five-six more months to complete it and then, they go for post production. I will have some time free after that, so yes, I will do a film then. But I haven’t signed anything yet.

There was a project with Aditya Chopra...
Adi (Chopra) had spoken to me about it once. We were talking about it when he went on to do Befikre. Of course, it was nascent and he just had an idea. With Adi and all, I just need to know the idea. But he has not called back with it. If he’s still excited to work on it, he will call me for sure.

And the one with Sanjay Leela Bhansali?
With Sanjay, I would definitely like to work. In the last few months, we have been discussing a lot of projects. But there are date issues, his starting issue so inshallah, we will do something.

Kangana Ranaut had said that SLB wants you and her in his next period film. Is that the film you are talking about?
Yes, there is a discussion of that film too. I don’t know if that film has been cast. I don’t want to speak out of turn. It is a period setting, but I don’t really sit down and ask, who the other cast members are. It would be wonderful if she’s there, but we haven’t honed on it yet. We have chatted about it, talked about it and we still haven’t sat down and said we’re starting this one. So, that is also very interesting, very nice.

So there’s another one?
There are two scripts that he’s offered me. One is a period film and the other isn’t. I don’t know which one we’re doing, right now. But these are the only two I have spoken to him about.

Is it difficult to say no to a director, who is also a friend?
I have never said no to a director who I call a friend or I have a relationship with. Yes, it may turn into a no because of dates and all, which is again awkward. But the directors do understand the ethical part of it because if I don’t have dates, it’s only because I am working with someone already. I ask them to wait for a few months, if they can. Sometimes, they do, sometimes, they can’t. Neither of us holds that against each other. We just wish each other the best. With Sanjay, there have been a couple of cases like that. But it’s alright. A film that is meant for you will find you. Many times, we have discussed and maybe one would be like, ‘I have to start now.’ So you go ahead and let him do it. But I’ve never said no to a director — who is a friend — on a subject. All of them just need to call me and tell me about it.