Rachana Dubey (BOMBAY TIMES; July 4, 2017)

In an unprecedented move, the makers of Daddy have been requested to shift the film's release from July 21 to September 8. And this request comes from none other than the original Daddy's (gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli) daughter, Geeta Gawli. The reason? We'll tell you. According to Geeta, there's a possibility that Gawli could be out on parole in September and she believes that it'll be a great time to release the film. Talking about her meeting with Arjun, who plays the title role and is also the producer of the film, she says, “I am excited about the movie and I feel that it'll be special to have it release when my daddy is out on parole. I am really hoping that he gets parole in September, as I want the world to know the real daddy.“

Geeta also feels that it will be auspicious to release the movie in the middle of the Ganesh festival - an event that has been very close to her father's heart. She adds, “Arjun and Ashim (Ahluwalia, director) have shown every aspect of our father's life in the film. Over the last three years, Arjun has really understood my father and I respect the fact that he has kept our feelings in mind while portraying him on screen.“