BOMBAY TIMES (May 10, 2017)

A week ago, the first look of Baazaar was released. The poster left the industry intrigued about a mysterious silhouette behind Saif Ali Khan. BT has it that the mystery guy is Rohan Mehra, late actor Vinod Mehra's son who makes his debut with this project. It didn't take filmmaker Nikkhil Advani too long to cast the actor in his upcoming venture.

Over the past 18 months, Rohan has been groomed by Nikkhil's company Emmay Entertainment. He has been attending acting workshops and classes for mixed martial arts and dance. Along with this, the newcomer has also made time to pursue his other passions like playing the guitar and photography.

“When I moved back to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting in Bollywood, I met a lot of producers. Being mentored by Nikkhil and his team has been a great start. They've helped me focus on my strengths and improve my weaknesses,“ says Rohan, who is a double major from the University of Nottingham (UK). He adds, “The way I was welcomed into the industry by many of my father's old colleagues and senior filmmakers was overwhelming. It's almost as if I'm learning about my identity and legacy through them. It's a huge responsibility to live up to his name.“

Nikkhil, on his part, says, “Emmay Entertainment is committed to building a talent pool for the industry. We're confident about Rohan's abilities to pull off a challenging role in his first film. We are also excited to present him to our audience.“

Baazaar, directed by Gauravv K Chawla and jointly produced by KYTA Productions, will roll in Mumbai this week.