Karan Nath talks about his last cinematic outing with the late actor who passed away on April 27
Avinash Lohana (MUMBAI MIRROR; May 5, 2017)

Karan Nath, son of filmmaker Rakesh Nath, who was once managed Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit, made his Bollywood debut with Joy Augustine’s Paagalpan in 2001. He was last seen in Aruna Raje’s 2004 thriller, Tum - A Dangerous Obsession and is now all set to return to the screen after more than a decade with Shekkar Suri’s Guns Of Banaras. The film also features the late actor Vinod Khanna as Karan’s father.

“It was my dream to work with Vinod sir. I was really nervous when I had met him for the first time. But during the shooting I got to know him well. He made me really comfortable, urging me to be a good listener and believe in myself. I will always cherish the time I have spent with him,” says Karan, who was at Khanna’s funeral last week. The 70-year-old actor, politician and longtime Rajneesh devotee succumbed to cancer on April 27.

He plays Guddu, who comes from a middle-class family in Benares. The action film revolves around his relationship with his father and his beloved. The film should release by the year-end.

Quiz Karan on his favourite VK film and he instantly zeroes in on Manmohan Desai’s 1977 Indian action- comedy, Amar Akbar Anthony.

“The way he played Amar was incredible. I love the film. If anyone ever remakes that film, I would really want to be cast as Amar,” says Karan, adding that the late actor treated him like his own sons, Akshaye and Rahul. “I also looked upto him as a father.”