MUMBAI MIRROR (May 13, 2017)

By his own admission, shooting for Saket Chaudhary's soon-to-release slice-of-life film, Hindi Medium, was a revelatory experience for its lead, Irrfan Khan. “I never thought in my life that I will shoot a film inside a school as films were never welcomed in schools and watching them was not considered a good thing. But today, the persona of cinema has changed. Now films that parents can show their kids are being made,“ the actor was quoted as saying recently.

Also featuring Pakistani actress Saba Qamar as Irrfan's wife, Hindi Medium focuses on the country's education system and how it has become a tool for creating inequality instead of serving as a tool for enlightenment. “Shooting for the film was very smooth and reminded me of my own childhood,“ Irrfan added with a smile.