Ayushmann Khurrana
Ayushmann Khurrana (DNA; May 14, 2017)

Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face
—George Eliot


For every child, its mother is the most beautiful creation. I remember I troubled my mother a lot, but she never let go of her smile. Mothers are like perfect souls to their children.

Even when I think about the actors who played my mother on screen, I see perfection. Dolly Ahluwalia in Vicky Donor was adorable. Blindly in love with her donor son. Loud, expressive and impulsive. At the same time, Alka Amin in Dum Laga Ke Haisha had dry humour. Again blindly in love with her loser despicable son. The common factor is the blind unconditional love.

That's how mothers are. They are wired to love their children. Their love is so unadulterated that it is difficult for them to be objective about their own kids. Fathers, on the other hand, have a tendency to be over-critical. Sanjay Mishra was such a bully of a father in Dum Laga Ke Haisha. A mother can never become that person. Even Aparajitha in Meri Pyaari Bindu has the affection of the entire world for Abhimanyu to the point of being jealous of Bindu.

Dear mom, mother or mummy? I think 'Mama' sounds the best. It has an adorable vibe. Thanks, Mama, for giving me patience and composure. These are my biggest talents. I'm ever-smiling just like you. I'm the shadow of your calm self.

I'm a simple guy because of your pure upbringing. And what I would have done if I was born without your dimples? I'm guilty of not calling you everyday. But I think about you and your well being every single day. You may never be expressive as a person, you never say anything. But whenever you see me your eyes well up and that explains a lot.

You still give me money for luck in that loud envelope before bidding adieu. That's been happening since time immemorial. I don't call you everyday. But with a mother like you, everyday should be celebrated as Mother's Day.