Alia Bhatt on enjoying simple pleasures of life after bagging awards and accolades
Natasha Coutinho (MUMBAI MIRROR; April 13, 2017)

Alia Bhatt is having quite a year. After the box office success of her last release, the Shashank Khaitan-directed Badrinath Ki Dulhania, the actress has reportedly made it to the coveted Forbes Asia 30 under 30 list of the year — reason to uncork the bubbly again.

The 24-year-old Bhatt baby plays it cool, saying, “I take everything as it comes without paying too much attention to popularity, success or what people say. I’m just grateful I get to work every day and meet new people. The creative field I’m in keeps me on my toes, keeps me alive and kicking, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

But isn’t it scary poised on a career high, wondering what the morrow will bring? All the expectations and pressures…

“There’s no pressure,” Alia interrupts. “The only thing is, one has to be conscious about what you say and do because you don’t want to set the wrong example. You develop a sense of responsibility which comes with being in the limelight. For me, 24 is the oldest I have been, I no longer feel as young as people make me out to be.”

Alia is currently on a break before she kicks off the shoot of her fantasy adventure, Dragon, featuring Ranbir Kapoor, followed by Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boys opposite Ranveer Singh. She’s just returned from a holiday in the Queen’s City. ‘’ I make it a point to go to London at least once a year as it is really my soul city. This time I was there for a short visit, just five days. I went to hang out with my friends, catch up on sleep, books and movies. It was lovely… I walked around, went to the park, lay down on the grass and read a book. I did the most basic things and it left me feeling refreshed,’’ she smiles.

If she was just chilling out, why was Ayan Mukerji there too? ‘’Ayan was doing some prep work for Dragon and I wanted to be involved in the process. So I just landed up in London and joined him,’’ she signs off.