When asked, here’s who some of the actresses we spoke to wanted as their screen sibling
Nayandeep Rakshit (DNA; January 20, 2017)

Enough with bromances and films about two brothers. We need more films where actresses play sisters. 2015 had Sidharth Malhotra and Akshay Kumar (Brothers), Varun Dhawan and Shah Rukh (Dilwale) and 2016 had Sid again, this time with Fawad Khan (Kapoor & Sons) in bhai-bhai mode, while only Kriti Sanon and Kajol (Dilwale) played sisters in recent times. When asked, here’s who some of the actresses we spoke to wanted as their screen sibling...

Shraddha Kapoor
I have always been a huge Priyanka Chopra fan, so I would definitely pick her over others. She has been really warm to me each time we have met and I am sure our bonding will show on screen if anyone decides to cast us as sisters. I anyway admire her body of work and it will be great if an opportunity comes my way.

Parineeti Chopra
I want to do a film with Mimi didi (Priyanka) someday. She has been one of the strongest supports in my life, even when I came to Mumbai for the first time. I initially used to stay with her and we have always been really close. People keep asking me when they will get to see both of us in a film, so this would be the perfect set-up for us to do a film together.

Disha Patani
I would love to play Priyanka’s sister in a film. Just look at the amount of work she’s doing across the globe. It’s incredibly inspirational. Being in the same frame with her would mean a lot to me.

Kriti Sanon
I will probably choose Deepika. I hardly had one or two shots with her in the song she has done for my next film Raabta. She is super fun and has great energy on the sets. And of course, she’s also tall and has a similar body structure, so it will be easier for us to play sisters.

Anushka Sharma
Alia! Because I think she is a very, very good actress so I would love to act with her. Also, she’s a fun person to be around, so it will be great to hang out with her on the sets!

Alia Bhatt
It has to be Katrina Kaif. I have the fondest relationship with Katrina and we are extremely close. We are always there for each other and there’s a great vibe around her. She is a very positive person and we gel really well. I have said for the longest time that I want to do a film with Katrina. What better than playing sisters!

Athiya Shetty
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan! She’s the prettiest sister anyone could have, but besides that, I have always admired and looked up to her for as long as I remember. The reason I wanted to become an actress was seeing her on the sets and being in complete awe of her. I think I would be so fortunate to share screen space with her. I would get to learn so much. She’s beautiful inside out. And she’s family already, so being on set with her would be a blast!

Swara Bhaskar
I have a fabulous relationship with Sonam. I feel she’s one of the most real and honest actresses we have today. Sonam’s my best friend. I can be myself around her without thinking too much. I guess it’s the same way around with her as well. Our wavelengths match really well and although we have done a few films together, we have never played sisters. I hope we get an offer like that really soon!