Hiren Kotwani (BOMBAY TIMES; May 19, 2015)

Brother-sister relationship has played a pivotal part in Bollywood movies in the past. As this sibling revelry remains the focal point of the upcoming film Dil Dhadakne Do, helmed by Zoya Akhtar and featuring her brother Farhan Akhtar, here's looking at some real bhai-behen jodis of B-Town..

While many a girl's heart goes dhak-dhak for Ranveer Singh, one girl the dashing actor loves the most in the world is his sister Ritika. In a recent interview to Bombay Times, he said, “She is my second mother and is two years older. She pampers me crazily, is my spine, my strength and she is what keeps me centered. She is so sensitive to me, so understanding and always selflessly does so much for me.“

Ditto Ranbir Kapoor, who dotes on his sister Riddhima Kapoor Sahni. A few weeks ago, the two siblings also shared on the internet a photograph with her daughter Samara.


For Anushka Sharma, her brother Karnesh is one of the four most important people in her life. As she admitted in an interview to BT recently, “If my parents or brother or Virat were upset, it would upset me but those are the only people who are important for me and can change my mood. Earlier I would give that power to anybody, but that power is today only with them. Now no one else has the power over me.“


Never mind if Hrithik Roshan has moved out of the family home, sister Sunaina plays an important part in his life. The close bond the brother-sister share is evident in the way he talks of how she's greater than him. In an earlier inter view, he has been quoted saying, “I know she is the one person who will be by my side no matter what. And at the same time, she will never be afraid to tell me that I am wrong. She has integrity as well as the power to love.“


Saif Ali Khan too shares a wonderful bond with his sisters Soha and Saba.While the sisters can talk to their bhai about anything under the sun, he is generous, warm, loving and protective towards them.


Another actor who adores his elder sibling is Abhishek Bachchan. On Shweta Nanda's birthday this year, he posted on a photo-sharing website, “Big sisters are the best...“


Priyanka Chopra, who dotes on her younger brother Siddharth, also shares new developments in his life, on social media. Like when he was starting a pub lounge in Pune, PeeCee had taken time off to launch the place. Also fond of Siddharth is cousin, actress Parineeti Chopra, who inaugurated his café in Mumbai earlier this year.


Tusshar and Ekta Kapoor may have their own spaces in the family home, but they are always there for each other. While she gets him a gift every time she goes out of town, he spends plenty of time in looking for the right gift for her.


Shah Rukh Khan too shares a very close bond with his sister Shehnaz, to whom he means the world. Recently, the superstar shared from his conversation with her over who was cuter, he or his younger son AbRam. He wrote, “Sisters are so cute. I asked mine if she remembers if I looked like lil AbRam. She said, `Noo!! U were very handsome'. Ha ha“ (sic).