Vinay MR Mishra (MUMBAI MIRROR; October 1, 2026)

Orry has put an end to speculation about his reported association with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Love & War, clarifying that he is not part of the film and has no plans to pursue acting. He says the buzz stemmed from a conversation with the film’s casting team. “It came up in conversation two years ago. The casting person had reached out, but it ended up not going anywhere,” he says.

Orry adds that he chose not to correct the speculation as it gained momentum. “I allowed the rumour to fly, because why not? I love chatter,” he says.

Orry insists acting is not something he wants to pursue. “I don’t want to act. I don’t like acting. I tell everyone I love my reality so much that I don’t want to have to put myself in someone else’s shoes and play some character. That’s just not something I want to do.”

Having watched actors and friends in the industry closely, Orry says he is aware of how demanding the profession can be. “Acting is not an easy job. I’ve seen that firsthand and I’ve seen that with my friends who are at the top of it. Imagine if you’re not at the top of it, if you’re not from that world, you don’t even have the skill or you’re fighting to get a role. It’s very hard,” he says.

For Orry, fame itself is not a motivation to enter the profession. “A lot of people associate acting with fame. But I’m already famous and I did it without acting,” he says, adding, “I really am at the level of fame I want to be.”