I would love to do something like the recent hit Obsession or something really unglam-Sneha Ullal
9:57 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Jagruti Katkar (BOMBAY TIMES; October 4, 2026)
Who does not remember the greenish-blue-eyed newcomer who made her Bollywood debut opposite Salman Khan soon after passing out of school? Sneha Ullal shot to fame with Lucky – No Time For Love, making her debut at just 17 opposite Salman, who was 39 at the time. The actress, who recently visited Goa, spoke to Goa Times about her journey since then, the kind of roles she now wants to explore and her enduring love for the state.
While the film brought her instant recognition, acting was never something she had originally planned to pursue. Looking back, Sneha says aspiring actors need to be prepared for much more than just the craft. “It’s not just about the talent. It’s so much more,” she shares, advising those looking to enter the industry to “be mentally and physically prepared.”
Sneha has maintained that the comparisons with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan never bothered her, saying she was too young to be affected by the attention. Today, she is more focused on the kind of work she wants to take up. “I am more than ready to give everything a go if opportunity presents,” she says. The actress is now keen to explore challenging roles, particularly characters that take her away from the conventional glamorous image.
“I would love to do something like the recent hit Obsession or something really unglam. A more serious role. Non-smiling. And very fierce. A lawyer maybe or a doctor. Grey’s Anatomy style,” she adds.
She is currently working on ArdhNayak, a festival film set in rural Bihar in the 1950s, apart from a Telugu horror drama. For Sneha, the focus now appears to be on exploring different shades as an actor and taking up roles that allow her to move beyond the image associated with her debut.
‘NEXT TIME I VISIT, I WILL DISCOVER MORE OF AGONDA’
Goa continues to hold a special place in Sneha’s life. “I have always loved Goa. No matter how many times and places I fly to, Goa feels liberating. Mainly because I love beaches and driving between dense plantations. Fortunately, parts of Goa still have that vibe,” she says. She says she has always preferred the quieter side of the state.
“I do love the quieter side of Goa. Having said that, I have never come to Goa and abused it. I have always been amidst the lush greens or chosen a beach hotel and just lay still,” she shares. In North Goa, Morjim remains her preferred destination. “In the north, I prefer Morjim as it’s quieter and I find privacy, and I like a few beach-facing properties there,” she says. And while she has already explored parts of the state, Sneha says there is still more to discover. “Next time I visit, I will discover more of Agonda,” she adds.
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan,
Goa,
Interviews,
Lucky – No Time For Love,
Morjim,
Obsession,
Sneha Ullal,
Sneha Ullal interview
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment