Kabir Khan on if he will return to the Tiger franchise: "I won’t want to replicate what I’ve already done"
9:18 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Vinay MR Mishra (MUMBAI MIRROR; September 10, 2026)
Kabir Khan may have no immediate plans to return to the Tiger franchise, but the filmmaker hasn’t ruled out a return to the spy genre. Having previously directed Ek Tha Tiger, Kabir says that if he does revisit the world of espionage, he would want to approach it differently rather than recreate what he has already done.
“You might see me directing a spy verse, but it might not be in the same franchise. It might be something different. It has been a long time since I was in that zone, so there might be something exciting that I might want to explore in the spy genre. But if I do come back to that genre, it’ll be something different from what I’ve done. I won’t want to replicate what I’ve already done,” he shares.
In an earlier interview with us, Kabir spoke about why Ek Tha Tiger worked. Kabir explained that the film succeeded because its action was rooted in drama and emotion rather than spectacle alone.
"What Ek Tha Tiger showed is that action needs to have a story running through it. The reason why Ek Tha Tiger really worked was because there was a very strong dramatic reason for the action. The action sequences need to be with the narrative. Then you’re really invested in the action because for you then it becomes drama, storytelling. Nobody now is going to be wowed only by showing big action. Ultimately emotions move you. The action films now need to be get back little more to the sort of raw action which went along with the storytelling as opposed to sometimes the over-the-top action that we are seeing which has no emotion running through it. But we’re just doing it because we are showing grand visuals today with VFX and AI," Kabir said.
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Ek Tha Tiger,
Interviews,
Kabir Khan,
Kabir Khan interview
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment