My international debut pushed my out of my comfort zone-Disha Patani
2:21 PM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; July 31, 2026)
For Disha Patani, the excitement of an international film wasn’t about the scale or the spotlight. It was about stepping outside her comfort zone. The actress, who is a part of Holiguards Saga – The Portal Of Force, says she is drawn to projects that make her grow, whether it’s action or comedy.
She shares, “It all happened quite organically. I got the opportunity to audition, and like any other project, I just focused on doing my best without thinking too much about where it was coming from or how it was going to pan out.”
Disha adds, “There were multiple rounds before everything was finalized. What excited me the most was the chance to work with people from different parts of the world and be part of a completely different filmmaking environment. It pushed me out of my comfort zone, and that’s something I always look forward to as an actor.”
‘The nerves are exactly the same whenever you begin something new’
While the film gave her a taste of working on a global production, she says acting itself doesn’t change across borders. “The scale was definitely different, but once you’re on set, you have to prepare, perform and trust your director. I think people imagine it feels very different, but honestly, the nerves are exactly the same whenever you begin something new,” she says, adding, “There were moments when I looked around at the cast and crew and realized I was part of an international production, and that was special. But I didn’t want to think too much about the pressure of it. I just wanted to enjoy the experience and learn as much as I could.”
‘All I can do is keep challenging myself and let my work speak over time’
Though she continues to be seen as one of Bollywood’s glamour icons, she says that isn’t how she defines herself as an actor.
“I’ve never looked at glamour as something separate from my work. It’s just one aspect of what I do. Of course, as an actor, you always hope people notice your performances as much as everything else. That’s why I’m trying to choose roles that let me explore different emotions and sides of myself. At the end of the day, the audience decides how they see you, but all I can do is keep challenging myself and let my work speak over time.”
‘Comedy depends so much on timing and instinct’
Talking about comedy, Disha, who was recently seen in Welcome to the Jungle, says, “Comedy is definitely tougher than it looks. With action, you train and prepare physically, but comedy depends so much on timing and instinct. One second too early or too late and the moment doesn’t land. In this film, I was surrounded by actors who have incredible comic timing, so every day felt like a learning experience.”
Working with the film’s large ensemble cast brought an added sense of spontaneity to the set, she says. “With such a huge cast, there was always something unexpected happening on set. People would improvise, someone would crack up and those moments brought so much energy. It made every scene feel fresh.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment