Vinay MR Mishra (BOMBAY TIMES; July 24, 2026)

Actress Akansha Ranjan tied the knot with filmmaker Sharan Sharma on July 11 in an intimate ceremony attended by close friends and family. While she prefers not to dwell on her wedding, Akansha is clear that marriage hasn't altered her ambitions. In a conversation with Bombay Times, she speaks about balancing personal milestones with professional goal.

'My wedding day was the most beautiful day'
Talking about the wedding, Akansha says, “I am not that person who was going to be like, 'Oh, I want to be a bride. Oh, my wedding’. I've never thought about it. 11th was obviously the meaningful day for me. I wanted it to be special, and I wanted it to be exactly the way I wanted it. Apart from that, it was a party. We just wanted to have fun. I didn't want to stress too much about it. Planning almost got me because I'm very type A and I'm very particular about things. My wedding day was the most beautiful day. I was very happy. It just felt like home. I can look back at that day forever and make no changes to it.”

'Marriage doesn't change what I want to achieve'
Now married to filmmaker Sharan Sharma, Akansha says while marriage naturally changes certain aspects of personal life, it has no bearing on her professional front.

“Things change in your personal life to the extent that they need to change. For instance, now I run my own house. I have to think of the second person when I make decisions. All of those things, for sure. But professionally, it's a whole different ball game. Sharan and I are both very cognizant of the fact that we wouldn't want anything to change because we are so inclined towards what we want to build in our careers. The things I want to achieve have stayed the same since I was five years old. I'm still on that mission and journey. Things will keep happening along the way, but I'm still climbing up that mountain. Nothing one does in their personal life should have an effect on what they want to build professionally," she explains.

"Nothing has changed. It doesn't have to"
Just days after the wedding, Akansha was back at work, attending events and taking meetings. She says there was never a plan to put work on hold. "Two days later I was at an event. We were home in the morning at 11 am and then I was working. Nothing has changed. But that's the thing — it doesn't need to. It doesn't have to. You're just living. I don't need to remove the romance out of it, but eventually marriage was a means to an end — to move on in your life. I love this person; I'd like to live with them and move into a home with them. So, marriage was a means to that, but then you continue your life. I think we both are very pragmatic about it. There's so much we both want to do. He had to deliver his film by the first week of August, so he's gone back to work as well," she adds.

"The audience's love made both releases special"
The actor had reason to celebrate even before her wedding. Gram Chikitsalay Season 2 found a bigger audience than its first season, while her other release Ikka also struck a chord with viewers.

"I'm so happy they both happened before the wedding because I got time to actually feel it. Right now, I'm so dazed and zoned out that I don't know my head from my hand. Gram Chikitsalay doing well, season two doing much better than season one, made me very happy because we genuinely believed we had something good. It gave me the creative satisfaction we wanted. Then the other release also started getting so much love," she says.