Yesha Bhatt (BOMBAY TIMES; October 4, 2024)

Karishma Tanna, who was in Ahmedabad for an event, says that she is a traditional soul when it comes to celebrating festivals.

The Scoop actress shares, “I am very Indian at heart and like to celebrate all festivals. I love Indian outfits and bindis. Since I am married now, I love to wear sindoor. I get very excited to wear outfits created by different designers during the festive period.”

‘Red, dark pink and black are my favourite colours’
Karishma’s idea of festive fashion includes prints and multi-colours, and she loves celebrating the essence of the festival.

She says, “When I go for garba, I wear the typical garba outfit, chaniya choli, because I love the authenticity of the festival. I also like different kinds of Bandhani, mirror work and wearing red, dark pink and black colours.”

And does she indulge in binge eating? “I believe one must enjoy life and then work out too. I can’t say ki bhai main khaungi hi nahi, ya phir main zyada khaungi. I am a very balanced person; I like to binge eat and then work out,” she says.

‘I want to do mainstream Gujarati films’
Karishma says she is still awaiting the right script in Gujarati films. She says, “Most people don’t know I am a Gujarati because of my surname. So, I did a Gujarati podcast. I’ve been offered Gujarati movies, but I want to do mainstream Gujarati cinema. I would love to do performance-oriented roles. However, I’ve never acted or emoted in Gujarati because in Mumbai, we speak a mix of Hindi, English and Gujarati! I need to practise a lot to emote in the language, but I would love to explore it.”

Talking about her time in Ahmedabad she said, "The moment I landed in Gujarat, I was dying to eat fafdas, theplas, patra and handvo. It always feels like coming back home."

‘I think I am done with TV’
While she became a household name with serials like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Naagin 3 and Qayamat Ki Raat, Karishma isn’t too keen to venture into Gujarati TV. She says, “I watch very little TV now. I think I am done with TV because now I want to explore different things. So, for now, I will concentrate on Gujarati films.”