Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; September 29, 2024)

Parvin Dabas, who was in the ICU after he met with a car accident in Bandra on September 21, was discharged on September 25. In an exclusive conversation with Bombay Times, Parvin, who is recuperating at his home, recalled the incident that has shaken him up.

He shared, “I was found lying unconscious by two boys. They made me sit on the sidewalk of the road. I remember hearing them talk about calling an ambulance and soon after, I was taken to a nearby hospital.”

The actor met with an accident on Hill Road when he was driving home from his office in Khar at 5 am.

“I was driving and at one point because of the high beam lights from the vehicle on the other side of the road, I couldn’t see the divider, and I crashed into it,” he said.

He further added, “We need to educate people more about driving with high beam on. There have been many occasions when while driving with my wife (Preeti Jhangiani), I have told her that such high beam can lead to accidents. That day, I was returning from work and wasn’t speeding, yet the accident happened.”

The past week has been stressful for Parvin and Preeti. He said, “Preeti has been a solid support. She has managed to deal with the situation well. Initially, we didn’t tell our sons about the accident, but they got to know from their friends. My older son got a message from his friend saying, ‘Sorry to hear about your dad.’ And he thought I had passed away. Then, Preeti told them about the accident and my condition and calmed him down. The incident has helped me appreciate my life and family more.”

Currently, the actor has been advised bed rest for 10 days. “I am taking pills for vertigo because I feel dizzy every time I get up. I am not walking around much and whenever I do, I am taking the help of a cane. I have been called for a follow-up after a few days,” says Parvin.

Parvin, the co-founder of the professional panja league in India, says that though the upcoming season of the league has been delayed a bit due to his accident, they will still go ahead with the international arm-wrestling event in Mumbai next month.