I DON’T MIND  BEING CALLED  CHOCOLATE  BOY: PULKIT  SAMRAT

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; July 8, 2024)

Pulkit Samrat’s love for chocolates was evident when he arrived for an exclusive shoot with Bombay Times on World Chocolate Day yesterday. Wearing the chef’s hat, the Pagalpanti actor whisked in a delicious mix that included some chopped chocolate bars as he tried putting up a cocoa-based dessert together. He could not resist licking the chocolate off his fingers as he wrapped up his session.

‘Chocolates remind me of my days in Delhi’
“As someone who hails from Delhi, this takes me back to the chilly winters there when we would often have a cup of hot chocolate. Today, I see chocolate as something that gives me good sleep and is a great aphrodisiac,” said Pulkit, who switched to eating dark, sugar-free chocolate post 2018.

Considering Pulkit loves dark chocolate, does that extend to his choice of roles as well? Speaking about playing dark characters, he shared, “I love exploring every kind of cinema. I loved my character in Taish, not just because it was in the dark zone but also because it was challenging and something I had not tried before. I love taking up challenges. It spices things up. Does that mean I am open to the idea of dark chocolate with chilli? Absolutely!”

‘Kriti and I usually have dark chocolate before going to bed’
Pulkit said he had different variants of chocolates each time a new girl came into his life. He says, “One of my earlier girlfriends loved Bar One, so I tried to develop a taste for it because I was more of a 5 Star person. Then, for a short span, I dated someone who loved Twix. I remember I got a cake made of Twix. Another girlfriend liked Toblerone... and that was quite an expensive affair (laughs). Kriti (wife, Kriti Kharbanda) loves Ferrero Rocher. Toh mujhe jab bhi usko manana hota hai, I know that is the thing to go to. Uska mood off ho toh I just surprise her with a box of this chocolate. Like me, she loves chocolates, and at night, too, we usually have dark chocolate before going to bed.”

The actor continues saying that he is always on a lookout for good dark chocolates. He elaborates, "When I was in London, shooting for Pagalpanti, I hopped across chocolate studios only to find some healthy yet lip-smacking chocolates. Today, Mumbai has some fantastic places that stock some great, healthy versions of chocolates. At my home, you will find the fridge in my kitchen, my gym and the mini fridge in my room filled with dark chocolates."

‘Chocolate boy hona achcha hota hai’
Talking about his ‘chocolate boy’ image in the industry, he said, “When Ekta Kapoor discovered me and cast me in Kyunki... Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, I was that chocolate boy for her, and that’s what she would call me. Then, in films like Sanam Re or Junooniyat, my character was very boy-next-door, chocolate-boy kind. Chocolate boy hona achcha hota hai… I don’t mind being called chocolate boy forever.”

Pulkit-Kriti’s go-to chocolate-infused recipe
Sharing their go-to healthy recipe, he said, “We add a dash of chia seeds in coconut milk, throw in some cacao (raw, unprocessed version of cocoa) nibs. Then add some blueberries, dark chocolate shavings and cinnamon, and top it with oats, sugar-free granola and some black raisins. Mix it well, refrigerate it overnight and have it in the morning. It makes for a great healthy breakfast.”

Location courtesy: Oh So Silly!, Bandra