Nandish Sandhu felt ‘cornered’ post divorce from Rashami Desai

HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 15, 2024)

Actors Nandish Singh Sandhu and Rashami Desai tied the knot in 2012, but their marriage hit a rocky patch, leading to their divorce just three years later. In a recent interview, Sandhu opened up about how he felt unfairly judged by everyone when the separation happened.  

“I felt everybody was pointing fingers at me. Everyone was looking at me like a culprit. There were things being said in the media about me—that I was physically abusive; I was a Casanova. I started feeling cornered. And it took a toll on my professional decisions too,” he told YouTuber Siddharth Kannan. 

Regarding Desai’s public statements post-divorce, Sandhu noted, “She never clarified anything. We’re not friends because I felt a little hurt about certain things that she said in interviews.” 

During the chat, the 42-year-old also recounted their initial meeting on the sets of the TV show Uttaran, where their friendship blossomed into love. “At the time, I felt like I was at the top of the world, making good money, earning love and being with ‘the one’,” he recalled, confessing that being “young and not very wise” back then led to their split. “Our thoughts, vision and temperament were not the same. I think it was a wise decision to go our separate ways. When we started living together after getting married, we realized we were not compatible,” he added.