RANBIR: I
STILL LIVE
WITH THE TAG
OF CHEATER,
CASANOVA

BOMBAY TIMES (July 22, 2024)

Recently, in a conversation at Nikhil Kamath’s show People by WTF, Ranbir Kapoor opened up about his past love life and how it affected his character. The Animal actor admitted that he dated two very successful actresses.

“Of course, I dated two very successful actresses that just became my identity… that ‘he is a casanova.’ I was labelled (a) cheater for a very large part of my life and still, I am.”

The actor also talked about his relationship with his father Rishi Kapoor. He said, “My father was a short-tempered man, but a very good man. I never saw the colour of his eyes. I was always like this (bows his head). I never said ‘no’.”

Ranbir admitted that he doesn’t express himself, nor does he cry easily. “I’ve tried therapy,” he said, adding, “It’s not that I’m against therapy, it’s just that I have to open myself up. And I’m very scared of opening myself up.”
---------------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 22, 2024)

Heartthrob, chocolate boy — actor Ranbir Kapoor is often described with many affectionate labels by his fans. However, some tags have stuck with him over the years. In the trailer of a podcast with businessman Nikhil Kamath, Kapoor shared, “I have dated two very successful actresses in the past, which became my identity... I got the tag of being a casanova and a cheater. I have lived with the label of being a cheater for a very large part of my life. I am still living with it.”

Although the 41-year-old did not name the actors, fans quickly speculated that he was referring to Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif. He is now married to actor Alia Bhatt, and has a daughter, Raha.

Kapoor was in a relationship with Padukone (who is now married to actor Ranveer Singh) from 2007 to 2009. He then dated Kaif. Sparks flew on the set of their film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) and they reportedly parted ways in 2016. Kaif married actor Vicky Kaushal in 2021.

Meanwhile, he also spoke about his close bond with Raha, who is always in his arms when the couple steps out: “It is like someone has taken your heart out and put it in your hand. Raha considers Alia a part of her and she looks at me for masti and fun.”