Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; July 26, 2024)

Fatima Sana Shaikh, who was last seen in Sam Bahadur, is glad she got an opportunity to share screen space with Konkona Sen Sharma in her upcoming film, Anurag Basu’s Metro… In Dino.

The actress is hugely inspired by the latter’s career trajectory, who excels in front of the camera and has also shown her flair for direction (with A Death In The Gunj and The Mirror in the anthology Lust Stories).

“I aspire to have a career path like Konkona’s. Unhone kaise apna career dhoonda, woh mujhe pasand hai. She is also a good director,” she says.

Fatima hopes that in the near future, she gets a chance to be directed by Konkona. She says, “I have told Konkona to cast me in her next film because, with some people, you just know that you are in safe hands. She is such a good actor, and I think she would guide me in the right direction. I always seek directors who I know will help me push my boundaries as an actor. So that is what I crave, and I know that Konkona can be that kind of a director. Hence, I have been telling her.. ki likh yaar script likh, direct kar and cast me in it. I am free.”