I am sure  film cost corrections are going to help

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 25, 2024)

Parineeti Chopra is the latest celeb voice to speak up on the revision film costs are under going currently. With many big films starring big names not performing well commercially, there is a rising demand to cut budgets and actors’ fees.

Despite some films doing well this year, Chopra still believes audiences aren’t venturing out in full force to catch films in theatres. “There is a limited audience going to cinema. Like any other business, there is an annual review of performance in the entertainment industry, too. The ABCD of business is that you keep your costs lower to increase profits. That applies to films, too. Everybody is uniting on that front, and working on it. I’m sure this is going to help us,” the actor says.

Meanwhile, the 35-year-old’s recent film Amar Singh Chamkila has done well, and become one of the most well-received OTT projects this year. Considering her career has been built on theatrical releases, will she be more confident with prioritizing good web projects?

“I don’t think my mind went there when I was approached for my first OTT project. For Chamkila, I got to learn music from A R Rahman (composer) for six months in his studio. As an artiste, I have blinders on. When I am in a project or film, I truly enjoy it,” says Chopra, adding, “Anyway, where it releases is not in my control. I don’t think of OTT versus cinema. Even today, if you offer a film to me, my question would never be, ‘Where is it releasing?’ It would be what am I doing and who the director is,” she ends.