THE INITIAL PHASE OF MY  CAREER WAS HEARTBREAKING: KARAN SINGH  GROVER

Vinay MR Mishra (BOMBAY TIMES; June 20, 2024)

Actor Karan Singh Grover rose to unprecedented fame through his stint on TV. As the actor completes 20 years one cannot help but wonder the love he received. However, with the unconditional love, also came multiple conjectures - right from multiple reports about him being unprofessional, him quitting the show, attitude issues, and more. Karan, however, never paid heed to them.

Karan states, “I wasn’t a professional actor. So, I can't say that, but I'm not the kind of person who would go and justify anything to anybody because I don't need to. I'm not somebody who gets bothered if people think good or bad about me. It's ok. It's their choice. It's their life. It is not even coming into my force field.”

That chain of thought may be one of the reasons why Karan has never spoken about his divorces that happened with Shraddha Nigam in 2009, and Jennifer Winget in 2014. As he sat down for conversation with Bombay Times, for the first time Karan addressed his two separations.

Karan tells us, “There's nothing good about a breakup or a divorce. Yeah, later when people move on, they realize that it happened for the best. That's a good thing. But I never felt the need to speak to anyone about the crap that's happening in my life because I don't expect people to come and talk to me about the crap that's happening in their life. That is not my main motive. I would like to spread some love and joy. Everyone has their own sh*t to deal with and I think everyone deserves that kind of privacy to handle their own sh*t."

Karan is now married to actress Bipasha Basu. He admits she has changed his entire life. "She is the kind of person who is in a constant state of giving. Whoever's in her life stays connected with her. All the heavy, all the negative, the lower vibration stuff just falls. I have another profession (he has also started painting) because of her. She helped me understand and connect with me. The real me. I know myself today because of her. The change that has happened is so drastic. Like from being a nocturnal being to somebody waking up at 5 a.m. and wanting to see every sunrise and every sunset," he signs off.