Stay strong, stay  positive: Chhavi  Mittal tells  Hina Khan

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; June 30, 2024)

On Friday, Hina Khan posted on social media that she has been diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. She wrote, “Despite this challenging diagnosis, I wish to reassure everyone that I am doing well. I am strong, determined and fully committed to overcoming this disease.”

We spoke to actress Chhavi Mittal, who battled breast cancer in 2022. Talking about Hina’s post, Chhavi said, “It’s a difficult time for Hina. In her post, she seems focused on staying positive and strong, which is good. We should respect her privacy. I’m sure she is in good hands and will come out of this stronger than ever. I don’t know Hina personally, but I would like to tell her that it may seem tough right now, but this, too, shall pass. In the future, you will look back at this period and understand how you were bestowed with strength. Stay strong, stay positive.”

Chhavi says her own diagnosis and subsequent cancer treatment has made her a stronger person today. She says, “Self-belief is what helped me. There are some things which still bother me physically, but I have accepted that as a part of life. No matter how much I try not to think about what happened to me, it will always stay at the back of my mind.”

She adds, “What is most important is that one has to focus on the positives and believe in themselves. As far as I go, I feel like I’m a new, improved version of myself.”