‘I’M VERY SENSITIVE TO  VIBES AND THIS HOUSE  GIVES ME POSITIVE ONES’

Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; June 2, 2024)

Apart from her movie outings, Adah Sharma has been in the news over the past few months for renting the Bandra apartment where actor Sushant Singh Rajput resided before his tragic death in June 2020. The lease agreement was signed in October 2023 and the actress moved in with her mother and grandmother earlier this year.

A source, who deals with properties informed us, “Following Sushant’s demise, it had become impossible to find tenants; two clients showed some interest initially, but then decided against renting it. The house had been locked up for nearly three years. Adah has now rented it for five years.”

The actress, who has so far remained silent about renting the flat, finally opened up to Bombay Times. In an exclusive chat with us, she said, “I moved into the flat (Mont Blanc Apartments, Bandra) four months ago, but I was busy promoting my projects, including ‘Bastar’ and the OTT release of ‘The Kerala Story’. After that, I spent some time at the elephant sanctuary in Mathura. It’s only recently that I got some time off and have finally settled in.”

She added, “I have lived in the same house at Pali Hill (Bandra) all my life and this is the first time I’ve moved out of there. I’m very sensitive to vibes, and this place gives me positive ones. Our homes in Kerala and Mumbai have been surrounded by trees and we used to feed birds and squirrels. So, I wanted a home with a view and ample space to feed birds.”

When we asked Adah, if she too, like other potential tenants, was unsure about renting this place, she replied, “I always follow my intuition, not other people’s opinions. Many people had tried to scare me away from starting my career with a horror movie (‘1920’), but I did it and scared them instead (smiles). They dissuaded me from being a part of ‘The Kerala Story’, too, and the kind of numbers the film made is for all to see.”

Talking about the ‘makeover’ she has done to the apartment; we hear Adah has painted the entire place white. The lower floor has been converted into a mandir, while one room on the top floor is now a music room, and another a dance studio. She has also transformed the terrace into a garden by bringing all her plants from her previous home. Adah and her mother did not have much furniture in their old house, so this one, too, has minimal furniture. They sleep and eat on the floor.