Nora thinks ‘feminism f**** up our society’

HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 13, 2024)

In a recent interview, actor Nora Fatehi seemed to have stirred controversy by denouncing feminism and its perceived societal impacts.

Speaking on YouTuber Ranveer Allahabadia’s show The Ranveer Show, Fatehi remarked, “This idea that I don’t need anybody... Feminism. I don’t believe in this s***. In fact, I think, feminism f**** up our society completely. The idea of being inherently completely independent and not having to get married and have kids and not having the male and female dynamics at home where the man is the provider, a breadwinner, and the woman is the nurturer. I don’t believe in people who think that’s not true. I think women are nurturers; yes, they should go to work, have their own lives, and be independent, but to a certain extent.”

The 32-year-old also said that “a lot of men have been brainwashed by the feminism era” and added, “If you are bringing to the table money, food and shelter, I need to bring to the table kids, being a mother, taking care of the house, cooking, etc. If we are bringing the same thing to the table, then who’s going to bring the other stuff?”