Got into depression because of Shubh Shagun makers, says Krishna

Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 29, 2024)

Krishna Mukherjee took to Instagram on Friday to accuse the makers of her show Shubh Shagun, which last aired in October 2022. The actor, whose concerns range from non-payment of fees to being locked inside her make-up room in the earlier days of shoot, says, “Doing the show was the worst decision of my life.”

Recalling an incident, she says, “The producer, Kundan Singh, gave us the money for two months. Then, he stopped paying. They made us shoot for 13-14 hours a day. One day, I said I won’t shoot until they gave me my pay cheque. Sameer, the head of production and another guy, who was the executive director, started banging on the door and said, ‘Tu kapde change karke shoot karegi’.”

She claims she was so scared that she went to the washroom to change. When she tried to open the door, it was locked from outside: “They said, ‘Humein seedha karna aata hai’. A girl opened the door and asked me to leave. But then those guys said, ‘Dekhte hain gaadi kaise nikalegi’. I was shivering.”

However, she regrets that she continued to be part of the show till the end. She says she decided to speak up now as her dues from the show haven’t been cleared yet. “Itna time anxiety aur depression hua. My personal life was f****d because of all this. I regret that I didn’t quit even after the incident. Kundan Singh ne show band hone ka saara [blame] mujh par daal diya. He is lying in his Insta post.”

Got into depression because of Shubh Shagun makers, says Krishna
A grab of producer Kundan Singh’s Insta post
---------------------------------------------
Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; April 30, 2024)

Shubh Shagun actress Krishna Mukherjee has been waiting for her dues to be cleared for a year and a half. She recently took to Instagram to share her experience and how that left her anxious and depressed. The actress even said that doing the show was the “worst decision of my life.”

When BT reached out to Krishna, she shared, “I started shooting for the show in March 2022. Our payment should have started rolling in three months after the show aired. However, when I didn’t receive payment even after four-and-a-half months, I refused to report to the shoot unless the first payment was cleared. The producer relented and made the first payment. I had to fight again for the second paycheck, which was issued in October.”

‘THE PRODUCTION TEAM HAD LOCKED MY DOOR FROM OUTSIDE’
It isn’t just the delayed payment that’s a concern, Krishna also accuses the production house of mistreatment. She said, “On October 3, 2022, I went to my room to change after my shift. Two members of the production team started banging on my door. One of them shouted, ‘Tu change kar, oopar aa aur shoot kar. Main gate band kar, iski gaadi baahar nahi jaani chahiye.’ I was terrified and rushed to the washroom, fearing the latch might break. When I tried to open the door, I realized they had locked me from the outside.”

She added, “My co-actor Shehzada Dhami argued with them and opened the door. I informed the channel, the producer, and everyone associated with the show about the incident. The following day, on October 4, 2022, I reported the matter at the Vanrai Police Station (Thane), and an FIR was registered. Soon the production team inundated me with calls and requested me not to involve the police. I went back to the shoot but got to know that producer Kundan Singh was present on the set on the day of the incident. That’s when I decided to quit the show and informed them. However, a few days later, the show was pulled off air abruptly and they blamed me for it. In January 2023, they sent me a court letter seeking mediation regarding my dues. But I turned it down, as I wanted the entire money to be cleared. Since then, I have been running around for the pending dues amounting to Rs. 40 lakh and have even approached CINTAA (Cine and TV Artistes Association).”

We will respond to all her allegations legally: Producer Kundan Singh
Producer Kundan Singh told us, “Krishna filed a police complaint for harassment against two people from the production team. We took immediate action against them, only to realise later that nothing of that sort had occurred. Now, she is levelling the same accusation against me. So, what’s the truth? There are inconsistencies in her statement. Everyone has a mobile phone. Am I to believe she couldn’t call me or dial 100 if she was locked inside her room? If we had no intention of clearing her dues, why would we apply for mediation before the court? She kept changing the amount, and hence mediation was necessary. The show shut down because of the artistes, primarily due to her FIR. No channel wants legal action against a show. I am at a loss of `4 crores We will respond to all her allegations legally.”