‘Aditya and I are enjoying last phase of our pregnancy’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 17, 2024)

Yami Gautam Dhar is glowing differently these days, all because of the last leg of her pregnancy and the success of her latest outing, Article 370. She and her husband, filmmaker Aditya Dhar, are also gearing up to welcome the new addition to their family. 

 “My family is with me in Mumbai, and my sister (Surilie Gautam) is going to join me soon. My sister told me this (last trimester) was the best phase. I’m sure there will be challenges later, but we will know once we get there. [Right now] we are just very excited,” she says. 

We ask if she or Aditya have started feeling jittery about the new journey, she laughs and says, “Anyone who knows Aditya knows he is very calm. He keeps asking me, ‘What do you want to eat today?’, ‘What do you feel like doing’. He got Amar Chitra Katha and Ramayana for me to read, as my mom used to read them when she was pregnant. We also keep discussing everything and exchanging notes.”

Her happy mood is further enhanced by Article 370 completing a 50-day run in theatres. “Considering the economic shift in the industry, we are happy and thankful this happened. When your choices are in sync with the audience, that’s the best award for an actor and producer, or anyone who has given their blood and heart to it,” she ends.