BOSS, I DON’T NEED TO BE RESCUED!

Not against the idea of marriage, Pooja Bhatt feels if it has to happen, it should happen organically
Sugandha Rawal Tagra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 5, 2024)

As Pooja Bhatt enjoys a new inning in her career with diverse roles, the actor continues to field relentless questions about her relationship status.

“I’m often asked, ‘Why are you not married? Why are you single? You’re doing so well for yourself. You’re an attractive woman.’ And I tell them, ‘Boss, I don’t need to be rescued’,” she shares.

Recently seen in the web series Big Girls Don't Cry, the 52-year-old elaborates, “If I need somebody, that person would be a companion. I’m not looking for a solution. A man can’t be a solution to a woman. We have to be able to walk our own path.”

Bhatt’s personal life has always been in the public eye, from her marriage to ex-husband, VJ Manish Makhija to her relationship with actor Ranvir Shorey. Currently single, the Bombay Begums (2021) and Sanaa (2022) actor isn’t focused on her personal life.

“If I find a companion, that would be the greatest gift. If I don’t, that’s okay. I am grateful for my life. I have my family, my dad and my work. I got great wealth through my friendships. I am not incomplete because I am single,” she asserts, revealing that she has had several people try to take on the duty of matchmaker for her.

“Some people come up to me and say, ‘Shaadi kar lo’, but kyun kar loon? They want to introduce me to someone. I’m not looking for a matchmaker. If the universe wants me to meet somebody, it will happen,” she says.