WE LOVE
TO TRAVEL WITHIN INDIA
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 5, 2024)

If you follow Sonakshi Sinha on social media, it’s hard to miss her travel updates. What’s interesting is that the actor loves to travel within India. While one might feel that the focus of travel aficionados has shifted to promoting local tourism only recently, after the India-Maldives row, Sinha, who went scuba diving in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands last week, feels, “People have always wanted to explore these destinations. We, Indians, are loyal to our country and love to travel within India. I have friends who love to visit hill stations, the beaches in Goa and places in South India. It’s just that the chatter has started only recently.”

Sinha also announced on Insta that she took an advance open water scuba diving course along with her rumoured beau, actor Zaheer Iqbal, and is now a certified diver.

“I started working in films at 21 and wasn’t thinking of anything else in my 20s. I used to not take holidays and it was only about work till I turned 30. Then, I realized I can’t be working all the time. I first tried my hand at scuba diving in 2020 and it was always on the cards to go to the next level. An instructor got in touch since Zaheer and I knew how to dive. Hence, this (the Andamans visit) became a study trip,” shares the 36-year-old.