Thought it would be my last film: Amit Trivedi on 15 years of Dev.D
Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 6, 2024)

He made his Bollywood debut in 2008 with Aamir and the soundtrack of Dev.D (2009) propelled Amit Trivedi into the stratosphere. Besides earning a cult status, the album won the composer a National Film Award.

As the Anurag Kashyap directorial clocks 15 years today, Trivedi tells us, “I never thought it will become this big, cult status toh door-door tak nahin. In fact, I thought it would be my first and last film because it was the complete opposite of what was going on in the film music space back then. I am glad I was wrong.”

Talking about the most difficult song from the album, Trivedi adds, “Emosanal Attyachar was challenging because I had never done a song with a raw wedding brass band, but once I cracked it, it was fun. Around 12 members from a brass band in Bandra (Mumbai) were in the studio the entire day with me and we recorded till late in the night.”

The Jubilee (2023) composer says he was “overwhelmed” with the kind of love and work that came his way since then. “There was no looking back for me after that. The album means the world to me. I still perform a lot of its songs on stage.”

Thought it would be my last film: Amit Trivedi on 15 years of Dev.D