‘I AM PRIORITISING MY BREAK RIGHT NOW’
After a chock-a-block schedule in 2023, the actor wants to take it slow this year
Navya Kharbanda (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 24, 2024)

Radhika Madan is looking to take a small break from work to relax and rejuvenate. Having worked on projects such as Saas Bahu Aur Flamingo, Kuttey, and Sajini Shinde Ka Viral Video last year, the actor wants to press pause and take it slow in 2024.

“In the past year and a half, I shot for seven films, I am exhausted. I was emotionally empty because of back-to-back work. I didn’t have anything inside me to give, and that’s when I decided to take a break. I have several releases lined up this year because I have been working a lot. I had three films last year, which is not bad. For the past five to six months, I haven’t worked on anything. I have travelled a lot, spent time with my family and rejuvenated myself,” she reveals. She will next be seen in an Akshay Kumar-starrer, in Sanaa and Rumi Ki Sharafat.

When the 28-year-old is signing a project, she looks for roles with “a challenge”. She adds, “I am prioritizing my break so that I can give myself emotionally to my work. Unless I get a project that moves me or takes me to another level, in terms of my craft, only then will I take it on. I don’t want to play safe or do anything I’ve already done.”

Ask if she has a bucket list of films she would like to be a part of and Madan says, “I really want to dance, nobody has seen the Govinda in me. I also want to do hardcore commercial films — that’s my agenda this year.”