‘I WILL ATTEND
A DINNER HOSTED
BY THE TRUSTEES
OF RAM
MANDIR
TONIGHT’
Sonu Nigam talks about his prep as he heads to Ayodhya today to be part of the consecration ceremony tomorrow
Soumya Vajpayee (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 21, 2024)

Sonu Nigam is all set to travel to Ayodhya today be part of the Ram Temple consecration ceremony tomorrow. The musician says, “It’s something really historic and I feel very special to be one of the few invitees in a country that has a population of more than a billion.”

Talking to us about his prep for the big day, the Padma Shri recipient says, “I am allowing myself to be surprised. I have no preconceived ideas about what’s in store for me. I know there will be a lot of protocols, crazy security and an atmosphere of utmost devotion all around. I have got new clothes made for the event. I have also been invited for a special dinner tonight by the trustees of the Ram Mandir. So, I am looking forward to experiencing my true Bharat these two days.”

While Nigam, 50, is known for being passionate about devotional music, the last few months have seen him come up with over six bhajans dedicated to Ram. “I don’t think many artistes can claim the number of devotional songs I have done in my career so far. Some people associate me solely through my Hanuman Chalisa rendition, Mata Ki Bhentein, Shiv ji bhajans or Ram bhajans. This perhaps is my mother’s manifestation. She instilled devotion in me,” says the Ram Ke Hriday Mein and Avadh Mein Laute Hai Shri Ram singer.