Had no idea people are so invested in my personal life: Vijay
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 3, 2023)

The year 2023 is ending on a professional high for actor Vijay Varma, with a lot of appreciation coming his way for web projects Dahaad and Jaane Jaan, among others. While he’s no stranger to the adulation, what’s new to him is the kind of attention his love life is getting.

“I had to come around it and realized I should let go of anything that is beyond my control. It is also very heartwarming to see the number of people, paparazzi and media excited about my personal life. It gets me thinking, ‘Wow, is it such a big deal for the world that two people are together?’ I had no idea people are so invested,” the 37-year-old says.

In terms of work, Varma is on a short break from shooting till the end of this month and is busy prepping for his Tamil debut, Suriya 43. Does not being on set bother him? “I like to go through those [periods of] doubts. I am scared to go back to shooting in January, I will be a little unsure about it. That’s how I am built. I want to have the curiosity to find something new and prepare myself for the work I have lined up. If I shoot every day, I won’t be able to have the mindspace to do that,” he shares.

MARRIAGE ON THE CARDS?
Speculations of Varma and actor Tamannaah Bhatia planning to tie the knot have intensified over the last few weeks. But, neither of them reacted to the reports. ”We’ve not reacted because it is all a speculation, a conspiracy theory,” he tells us.