I wanted to sit back and enjoy my releases this year
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 21, 2023)

After a hectic 2022 where she shot for projects without a break, actor Sanya Malhotra has been taking it slow when it comes to work. The actor admits that it was a conscious decision to sit back and enjoy the fruits of her labour this year.

“At the moment, my career is going really well. My personal life is also amazing. It’s because I have a solid support system. This year, I intentionally wanted to sit back and enjoy all the releases,” says the 31-year-old, adding, “I got a wonderful response for Kathal and Jawan, and I’m looking forward to my other releases, too. I feel very lucky to have some really amazing projects in my kitty.”

Malhotra makes sure she doesn’t take her personal life for granted. “Whenever I’m not working non-stop, I’m able to have very healthy boundaries between work and personal life,” she says, adding that she avoids working on weekends.

“It is me time, a time that I want to spend with my family. I travel quite a bit to Delhi to spend that time with my parents,” says the actor, who made her acting debut with Dangal (2016), adding, “And the good part is that most of my close friends and family are not from the industry. In that way, it’s easier for me to disconnect.”

The Meenakshi Sundareshwar (2021) actor adds disconnecting from the glamour of the film industry is crucial for her. “It is very important for you to stay grounded and to be authentic to oneself as an actor. Because we get much attention and love as actors. But neeche bhi aana padta hai, and my family does a very good job of that. Mujhe zyaada udne nahi dete,” she quips.