Aahana Kumra on introducing the invention

The actress talks about what has inspired her style, her favourite fashion trends and the fads that are a big no-no for her...
Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; November 21, 2023)

Sonam Kapoor has always been a fashionista, and recently she has been turning heads for all the appearances she’s been making at events in Mumbai. The Delhi-6 actress is quite an inspiration for the young breed of actors when it comes to pushing the boundaries of fashion and style. Recently, while talking to Aahana Kumra at a fashion event, the actress revealed that she looks up to Sonam for her stunning sense of style.

She said, “Sonam is iconic. She is the one who started this whole thing (fashion revolution on the red carpet) here. I think a lot of stylists around me have jobs because of her. Well, that is what my stylist keeps telling me (laughs). It is nice because I think she pushed all of us to move towards fashion. I think Sonam and Priyanka Chopra are inspiring.”

Apart from them, Aahana who was last seen in Call My Agent: Bollywood, also draws inspiration from Bollywood films. “I really like Karan Johar and Yash Chopra films. It was through the latter’s films that I got introduced to chiffon sarees. I loved Sridevi’s looks in Lamhe. So, these filmmakers are the ones who introduced easy, comfortable and yet, iconic fashion looks,” she shares.

The actress says that she loves wearing pantsuits as it compliments her height. Ask her what is one thing that she doesn’t like to sport, and she says, “Leather pants”! Mumbai is so hot and humid, and I don’t know how some people even wear those pants. I don’t think I can ever wear leather pants in life.”