Not thinking about finding my way to Hollywood with Aaina, says Freddy
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 10, 2023)

Freddy Daruwala is busy shooting for his first international project, Aaina, in London. But, he’s not looking at it as his ticket to Hollywood. “I am extremely lucky and feel grateful about it,” says the actor, who is shooting with actor Richa Chadha, and The Chronicles of Narnia actor William Moseley for the Markus Meedt directorial.

The 39-year-old adds, “When Holiday (2014) released, I thought I will be a superstar overnight. But, the journey itself is a long and never-ending one.”

Daruwala says Aaina, which is set in London and India, will tell a “relevant story on the trauma that refugees face” and wants to be honest with his work.

“My job is to put in sincerity and dedication. That’s what I learnt. The moment you start expecting that ab toh seedha Hollywood, you lose focus,” he says.

The actor does not believe in segregating work based on languages or regions. He just wants to be part of good projects. “I’m an actor, my house runs with the money I earn from acting... Language is irrelevant. A project and the people you work with need to be credible,” says the actor, seen in the web projects Poison (2019), Dharavi Bank (2022), Crackdown and Inspector Avinash.