Kushi star Vijay Deverakonda is ready for marriage; 'I see myself getting married soon'
BOMBAY TIMES (August 11, 2023)

Vijay Deverakonda spoke about his idea of marriage at the trailer launch of his upcoming film Kushi, co-staring Samantha Ruth Prabhu. The actor said while he was uncomfortable with the idea of marriage earlier, today he is quite comfortable with it.

He said, "I need to get married some time soon. It is around the corner. I am not scared, and comfortable with the idea now. Before, marriage was a word that no one was allowed to say around me. It would immediately agitate and irritate me. But now, I am having conversations about it."

He added, "I am open now seeing my friends getting married and I am enjoying it. That's the chapter in life that everyone should experience. I hope to enjoy a married life."

So, is he already looking for a partner? "I am finding partners for a while. I am not ready for marriage... may be in a couple of years."

The film faced a hurdle when Samantha was detected with Myositis during the shoot. Recollecting the whole phase, Vijay shared, "There was no other option. I don't even think we did something great or benevolent. We were okay to wait and not in a hurry. We knew how much she contributes to the film. Even if it was 6 or 8 months we would wait. We had finished shooting the first half. I was like what if she needs a break and shoot it 10 years later. We thank Samantha for working so hard."

The actor also opened up about his Bollywood debut Liger's underwhelming performance. He said, "When a film doesn't perform, it does hurt. But I have had many flops before Liger, it is not the first. I have many hits before. I will continue to have flops and hits, my ambition is to keep doing films. It hurts when a film fails, I am not scared. I am not scared of falling... it hurts but doens't stop me from running. The drive and the ambition is to run faster."